Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Puffy DIY (pt. 1)

The following will be a series of photos by Kevin Colombu (his blog here) of some of the DIY projects I've been working on. They're mostly shoulder oriented, but that's what I'm into right now, so... tough.

Also, yes, I realize how incredibly modest these posts will be.





You may notice that this is from a couple months ago, but originated as military epaulets. Well, I went in a different direction because I realized that the fabric of the H&M dress would be too stretchy to handle the original fringe-and-patch idea - which I really wanted to be straight and solid. So when I found these in what I like to call a "beads-n-stuff" store in NYC's garment district, I thought they would be perfect as a shoulder detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails